Welcome to the Governors’ Section of our website.
Our role as the Governing Body is to:
- Support and also act as a ‘critical friend’ to our Headteacher, Mrs Creasey and the staff;
- Provide a visible form of accountability for parents and other external interested parties;
- Set out, and review the progress of, the long term objectives for the school and policies;
- Approve and monitor the school budget;
- Appoint some members of senior staff.
Our Local Governing Committee (LGC) is comprised of 9 people, including our Clerk. The Governors are representatives of the Community, Parents and Staff. The LGC meets each half-term.
We are very proud of our school. We have a special relationship with the local community and believe we provide a first class experience for all our children. The Hearing Impaired Resource base we have at The Mead is one which gives children with additional needs a real opportunity to be part of a mainstream school, and benefits not just the children in the mainstream setting but staff and the whole school community.