Welcome to the Governors’ Section of our website.
Our role as the Governing Body is to:
- Support and also act as a ‘critical friend’ to our Headteacher, Mrs Creasey and the staff;
- Provide a visible form of accountability for parents and other external interested parties;
- Set out, and review the progress of, the long term objectives for the school and policies;
- Approve and monitor the school budget;
- Appoint some members of senior staff.
Our Full Governing Body is comprised of 12 people, including our Clerk. The Governors are representatives of the Local Authority, Community, Parents and Staff. The full Governing Body meets once a term.
We are very proud of our school. We have a special relationship with the local community and believe we provide a first class experience for all our children. The Hearing Impaired Resource base we have at The Mead is one which gives children with additional needs a real opportunity to be part of a mainstream school, and benefits not just the children in the mainstream setting but staff and the whole school community.